Wednesday, August 1, 2012

First Week of August LA Social Events

            Hi, I'm Shiwan and I love to explore my city, especially when it's a great deal (FREE is even better)! Sometimes I want to have more options on the weekend, other than the movies and the night clubs. For the past few years, I've been the field trip organizer for my circle of friends. I research activities and events around LA and then I text and email my friends constantly.  Although I'm a native Angeleno, I'm still discovering activities and events that are "off the beaten track".  As a result, my friends have been telling me to start a blog of these happenings and share them with the rest of you. So here goes...
Today is “Wednesdays at Sunset” at the London Hotel from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. with open bar from 6:00 to 7:00 with RSVP. Tomorrow is the summer monthly Melrose Night, featuring your favorite food trucks from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Melrose Ave.  Also, Melrose stores will be open late and there’ll be a few DJs spinning.  Just a few miles away, Sonos Studio is having an opening for its new exhibition, “Bottle Tones” installation with performance by Minus the Bear.  While Caroline on Crack is celebrating 7 years of blogging with drinks at Formosa Café 8:00 p.m. with free jello shots and $10 cocktails specials.  
To kick off the weekend, Friday is the Beverly Hills Hotel Pool Party from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Saturday morning, you can Drum Downtown at the Music Center.  Later that evening is the “Who Shot Rock & Roll” exhibit with free concert by Raphael Saadiq & Band of Skulls. RSVP first and plan to arrive early!  Sunday, brunch at Lola’s in West Hollywood with $16 bottomless mimosa and bloody Mary bar, then round out the weekend with a party that starts in the afternoon and goes until after the sun sets. It’s the Do-Over at Lure (formerly known as The Cabana Club) in Hollywood. No cover charge. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I'd certainly love to be in LA for the bottomless mimosas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alandrea, thanks for checking out my blog! We gotta make it happen when you come back!

    ReplyDelete